You can download the most recent version of my resume here.
RE: Search | UC Davis Dept. of Biomedical Engineering Davis, CA
PROGRAMMER, GAME DESIGNER, WRITER April 2017 - June 2018
- Created waypoint-based movement system in Unity using C to move non-playing characters according to defined paths.
- Designed gameplay and quests around weekly learning objectives by putting the player in unique situations to help reinforce topics beyond rote memorization.
- Created over 100 unique XML files containing NPC dialogue, quest prompts, and scripted events. These XML files are written to implement the functionality of the game’s dialogue systems.
Yum Yum Project | UC Davis Depts. of Communication & Food Science Davis, CA
PROGRAMMER & DESIGN CONSULTANT June 2017 - Feb. 2018
- Designed and developed prototypes for 14 minigames in Unity using C to be used as a tool for a PhD student’s research thesis on how children respond to food options.
- Ensured a consistent and accessible design across all minigames by streamlining the number of interactions the player could have with the interface.
- Developed a difficulty level ranking system to respond to the player’s win/loss record. This ensured players experienced challenging levels according to their skill level.
- Designed 9 maps with several variable difficulty factors which could be altered to respond to the player’s skill level.